Friday, September 20, 2013

THE CALL

"Follow me."
Matthew 9:9

Although I sensed God's call early on, I was too young to understand. From the time I could read, I tried to find Him in the pages I was turning. I also looked for His presence in meaningful movies. Or in the awesome beauty of nature. 

As I grew in years and human wisdom, I though He was present in my friendship and service to others. God had to slow me down through a mistakenly assumed heart attack. His message from a priest who said Mass at the Department of Foreign Affairs was: "If I was too tired for myself then I was too tired for Him." It made me take deeper breaths instead of hyperventilating in my multi-tasked life. 

Forced to be still and guided to read the Bible, I finally found God in the silence of my heart, in a small voice that said, "Follow me and be My ambassador."

By: Grace Princesa, Philippines (grprincesa@yahoo.com)

REFLECTION: Be still and know that I am God. (Psalm 46:10)

No comments:

Post a Comment